Below you will find recommendations and tips for setting up and optimizing successful campaigns in LiveIntent’s premium publisher inventory, using DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM).
Where to Find LiveIntent
- Select LiveIntent as the inventory source. LiveIntent is listed as a sub-exchange under public inventory source “BidSwitch.”
- Under “Environment,” select all, EXCEPT video. Select Desktop Web, Mobile Web, Mobile App and Mobile App Interstitial, etc.
- Do NOT include Viewability is “greater than XX%”.
- We recommend running campaigns across the full LiveIntent network of publishers to maximize scale at campaign launch.
- After the campaign has been running, optimize to only include the top performing domains.
- Create custom whitelists from the full list of LiveIntent publishers.
- Include at least 40 publishers in a whitelist.
- Note: the LiveIntent team will gladly assist you to build optimal whitelists.
- Leverage any first and/or third-party data segments available in the DSP.
- Do NOT include a frequency cap.
- Note: A frequency cap is not necessary, because the average user across LiveIntent inventory is only opening 1-2 emails a day.
Creative and Tags
- You MUST export tags from DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) and manually upload into DBM, under ‘Third-Party tag’ at the advertiser level.
- You MUST use the standard tags from the export.
- Do NOT use the pour over tags from DCM in the campaign, as they will NOT work.
- Declare all third-party tracking tags.
- Enable static/H5 creative using .GIF, .JPG, .PNG files.
- Note: Dynamic ads will NOT work.
- Use all of the approved creative sizes:
- 970x250 marquee.
- Set a max CPM of around $10 for Run of Exchange (ROE).
- Set a max CPM of around $12-15 if the campaign is running on a whitelist, or if first- or third-party data segments are being used for targeting.
- The average eCPM will be between around $1.50-5, depending on the campaign type and targeting in place.
- View reporting on key metrics in your DSP consule.