Each day, millions of people use email to: communicate, get their news, and connect with the people, brands, and institutions whose content they subscribe to. LiveIntent works with publishers and brands to maximize the revenue generated on every email open while striving to simultaneously improve the reader’s experience. LiveIntent also works with advertisers to discover a new media channel for reaching incremental audiences and powering profitable growth. In doing this, we recognize our responsibility to serve content to our customers and their customers that is truthful, accurate, and does not promote hate, violence, harassment, or any other dangerous or violent activity.
As customers of LiveIntent, we expect that you will adhere to these policies and guidelines. Ultimately, LiveIntent may cancel, disallow or block an Advertiser or Publisher at any time for any reason in its sole discretion.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
LiveIntent does not allow creatives or inventory containing the following types of content or subject matter, regardless of claims of legality:
Violence and Discriminatory Practices
- Content and associated websites advocating against a protected group. A protected group is distinguished by one of the following: race or ethnic origin, color, national origin or ancestry, religion or creed, citizenship, genetic information, disability, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity
- Content that fosters hate, harassment, discrimination or violence against an organization, person, or group of people, including protected groups
- Attempts to revise history against the interests of a protected group
- The promotion of self-harm and violence against people or animals
- Sexually suggestive text, images or situations
- Nudity (full, partial or implied)
- Prostitution (direct solicitation or implied)
- Abortion related advertisements or messaging
- The sale of hard alcohol and liquor
- Alcoholic beverages like beer, cider, sake, wine, sparkling wine, champagne **
- Alcohol making kits **
- Brick-and-mortar alcoholic establishments **
- Alcohol-centric establishments like bars, pubs, or nightclubs **
Tobacco and Related Products
- Tobacco, including chewing tobacco
- Tobacco alternatives that contain no tobacco including Electronic cigarettes (even if promoted as quit smoking aid)
- Cigars, Cigarillos
- Tobacco pipes, rolling papers, vaporizers
Marijuana & CBD Related Products
- The branding of CBD products**
- Ads promoting the sale of marijuana and/or CBD related products
Healthcare and Medicine
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Herbal or dietary supplements that contain active or potentially hazardous ingredients
- Products that imply or claim to match the effectiveness of approved or prescription drugs
- Weight loss creatives including those with unsubstantiated or unreasonable weight loss claims
Weapons and Ammunition
- Ads promoting the sale of firearms or firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns, etc.
Online Gambling or Online Casino-Related
- Online gambling, sports betting, bingo, lotteries, and online casino games
- Gambling-related promotional products such as gambling-related vouchers, bonus codes, etc.
- Gambling-related tutoring and educational materials such as books and e-books
- Gambling-related software such as gambling software and poker odds calculators
- Gambling-related information such as tips, odds, handicapping, and sports picks
- Online scratch games run by state, national, or Indian reservations
- Creatives advertising the buying and selling of Cryptocurrency
- Sale of Animal and Wildlife Products
- Payday or cash offers
- Distribution of pre-written term papers or student essays
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
LiveIntent requires ads be truthful, accurate, and up-to-date at the time they’re first shown to users. For more information, please see the bullets below:
- All advertising claims must be factually supported
- Users must be able to perform the ad’s call to action – if any – on the site, within 2 clicks of the landing page
- The information and language on the linked landing page must relate directly to the offer and be consistent with the language used on the creative(s)
- All advertised products, prices, offers, and discounts must be available on your site, at most two clicks away from your landing page, or through a basic search on your site
- All discounts and offers in your ad must be up-to-date and must match the content on your website
- Any pricing information in ads must comply with local regulations concerning inclusion of tax and other applicable charges
- Pop-up windows are prohibited
- Displaying a confirmation dialog to leave a page or advertiser site is prohibited
- Redirecting to another site/domain regardless of the affiliation to the advertiser's site without clear indication is prohibited
- Creatives that are advertising sweepstakes and contests must be legally compliant and contain all relevant details, including rules and disclosures.
- Any other practices, that may degrade or otherwise impact negatively the consumer experience are prohibited
Campaigns and creative may be canceled under any of the following design conditions:
- A border is required if the creative could be confused with page content
- Poor quality of images or text
- No brand and/or vague messaging
- Resembles Windows, Unix, Mac, or any device or OS dialog boxes.
- Ads can’t simulate email inbox notifications
- Simulate fake interactivity
- Poor grammar or spelling
- Profanity or other inappropriate language
- Banner creative clashes with site or landing page
- Advertiser site is not consistent with the offer
- Copyrighted/trademarked material may not be used without the consent of the copyright or trademark holder unless otherwise permitted
LiveIntent may cancel, disallow or block an Advertiser at any time for any reason even if the Advertiser or Partner received prior approval for the Advertiser, campaign or creative.
- LiveIntent may notify the advertiser, but is not under any obligation do so
- LiveIntent may offer an advertiser an opportunity to correct the issue, but is under no obligation to do so
- Advertiser is responsible for all media fees incurred
- LiveIntent may change this policy at any time
Any requests for campaign launches and creative changes received after 3 pm EST will not be executed until the next business day.
If an Advertiser or Partner categorizes the Advertiser, Campaign or Creative, they must do so accurately using the IAB’s Taxonomy and Tier 1 categories at a minimum. Additionally, if an Advertisement contains or mentions a politician, it must be classified as political.
** Advertisements may be allowed but must be pre-approved by LiveIntent and LiveIntent Publishers.