At LiveIntent, we understand the relationship Email Service Providers (ESPs) have with their clients. Our goal is to strengthen that relationship by enabling clients to acquire and reach more subscribers, more often, within the powerful channel of email.
As we partner with most of the major ESPs, which you can find here, we pulled together a list of items to consider before choosing your ESP.
Before selecting an ESP, you should think about what’s most important to you and your team, and your marketing program — like whether you’d prefer a self-service platform or if you will need support and managed services.
An ESP provides many email marketing services and solutions, including email design and template creation, list management and segmentation, reporting, & analytics.
A few other features to consider:
Data & segmentation
- EX: Data control, form processing, and exporting data via the UI
Deliverability, list hygiene, and authentication
- EX: List hygiene, email scoring, DKIM, DMARC
Campaign building & workflow
- EX: Account management, asset support, deployment management
Testing & reporting
- EX: Deliverability, analytics, CRM, and content management systems
Training & support
- EX: Training, documentation, and account management
There are a ton of great industry guides you can reference when selecting an ESP. Below are two of our favorites: