LiveIntent has the ability to track app downloads, as well as “actions” that take place within an app, through interactions with our mobile attribution partners: Kochava, TUNE, Appsflyer, Adjust, and Apsalar.
What are actions?
Actions are defined as any type of behavior that takes place within an app that a client wants to track and optimize towards.
Mobile attribution partner’s use server to server URLs to track conversions, meaning the conversion tracking process takes place within a click URL, not a 1x1 conversion pixel.
LiveIntent’s server to server URL is:http://p.tsk4.com/p?cj=[sid]
Tracking & Optimization
LiveIntent can track and optimize towards:
- Add to cart
- Add to wish-list
- Added payment information
- Checkout Initiated
- Level Achieved (Gaming apps)
- Achievement Unlocked (Gaming Apps)
- Tutorial Complete
- Content View
- Spent Credits
What if I see a discrepancy?
Conversions will be tracked 100% of the time. If there’s ever a discrepancy, it’s most likely that the click URL has been set up to track from an incorrect action or reporting is behind on the mobile attribution partner’s side.
Other items to note:
- No 1x1 conversion pixel needs to be placed anywhere! This is all done within the click URL associated to the creative being served
- The creation of these click URLs is all done on the mobile attribution partner’s platform, not LiveIntent's
Who creates the server-to-server pixel?
The party responsible for creating the pixel will depend on your app attribution partner. Take a look at the list of our partners below below for more details.
Please Note: You should also not be removing specific sections of the click URL when generated in the attribution partners platform.
- Adjust: Client is responsible for creating the server-to-server (S2S) pixel, using a universal conversion pixel LiveIntent has made available on both platforms
- AppsFlyer: Client is responsible for creating the server-to-server (S2S) pixel, using a universal conversion pixel LiveIntent has made available on both platform
- Apsalar: Client is responsible for creating the server-to-server (S2S) pixel, using a universal conversion pixel LiveIntent has made available on both platform
- TUNE: LiveIntent is responsible, based on universal conversion pixel we’ve created
- Kochava: LiveIntent is responsible, based on universal conversion pixel we’ve created
All attribution partners have a Support team dedicated to troubleshooting any tracking issues, and all clients using an attribution partner should also have a contact that will work directly with LiveIntent and the advertiser on fixing an issue.