With the Salesforce Marketing Cloud and LiveIntent, you can reach your subscribers across the LiveIntent Platform. Using a secure email hash, LiveIntent can match your subscriber email audiences to 130MM+ openers, across 1300+ newsletter publishers, serving hyper-targeted display messaging across all devices in real-time.
Who should use this integration?
This offering is for you if:
- You're a Salesforce Marketing Cloud customer and have the Advertising Studio
- You’ve invested in collecting and mailing large email subscriber files
- You've developed a successful email marketing program, but want to engage your subscribers in a way similar to web display, with zero waste and higher precision
How LiveAudience compares to Facebook Custom Audiences and Twitter Tailored Audiences
Like Facebook Custom Audiences and Twitter Tailored Audiences, LiveIntent’s LiveAudience allows you to upload CRM data and bid to reach matching audiences with a marketing message.
LiveAudience is different from Facebook and Twitter’s similar offerings because the media where the match occurs is not in Facebook or Twitter, but in a 3rd party email, sent by another brand or publisher.
LiveAudience is also different because Facebook and Twitter are so-called ‘walled gardens', meaning that the information that goes in can never come back to you, the advertiser. LiveAudience allows you to reach people not only where they are highly engaged, in emails they are opening, but we also allow for information that comes from 1st party data to be passed back to you, allowing you to close the loop on the interaction with your customers.
How do I connect my Advertising Audiences account to LiveIntent?
Follow these steps below. You will only have to do this once.
- Log in to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account
- Click "Ads," and click "Advertising Audiences"
- Click on the “Administration” tab at the top of the page
- Select “Onboarding Partners” and select LiveIntent as a new onboarding partner. Read the terms, and click "accept" when you’re ready.
- Click “Copy Key and Message” to send your LiveIntent account manager your partner key.
- LiveIntent will then link your partner key to your LiveIntent account and you’ll be set up to send us your audiences.
How do I send my Advertising Audiences segments to LiveIntent?
Follow the steps below, or watch the video at the beginning of this article for a step-by-step guide.
- Login to your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account
- Hover over "Advertising Studio" and select "Advertising Audiences"
- From the Overview dashboard, click "Create Audience"
- Enter an audience name
- From the “Onboarding Partner” dropdown, choose “LiveIntent"
- Select “LiveIntent” as the destination
- Click “Configure”
- Within the Configuration panel, select a source for your audience and click "Select"
- Click "Activate"
- Set your audience refresh options
- Click "Activate" to send your Advertising Audiences segment to LiveIntent
- Within 24 hours, your audience will appear in your LiveIntent account, ready for your campaign
For more on LiveAudience and use cases for Advertising Audiences segments, check out this article.
How do I get started?
Contact your LiveIntent account executive or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you need help implementing or troubleshooting down the line, we’re always here to help! Contact your LiveIntent account manager or email email@example.com
Setting Up LiveAudience for Advertising Audiences
For step-by-step instructions on setting up LiveAudience for Advertising Audiences in Advertising Studio, check out this article.