Custom Audiences start with a customer list
To get started, you need the customer list, which can be provided in a variety of formats:
- A list of plain text email addresses.
- A list of hashed emails from your CRM or CDP in MD5, SHA1, or SHA256 format.
- A list of mobile ad ids (MAIDs) to represent your mobile app customers.
- A list of DMP cookies.
- A list of DSP cookies. We can easily accept cookies from MediaMath, Trade Desk, Adobe, and AppNexus.
Preparing your data from CRM file (emails or MAIDs)
- Only 1 column.
- No titles, column labels, or other text. The first row should start with the first ID (email, hashed email, or MAID).
- Only 1 ID per line.
- No uppercase letters.
- No salted hashes.
- No extra spaces or special characters.
- No spaces before or after the ID.
- Remove any and all formatting.
Example of a BAD hash that includes spaces:
E 0aa4dc853af 291878b37984863655e7
Example of a GOOD and proper hash:
Note: if uploading hashed emails, please make sure your hashes follow the required character length:
- MD5 hash is 32 characters.
- SHA-1 hash is 40 characters.
- SHA-256 hash is 64 characters.
2. Name your segments
Segment Examples: Non-openers, non-clickers, inactive subscribers and recent purchasers
3. Create audiences in Audience Manager
Sending your data from a DMP or DSP
LiveIntent has direct integrations with major DMPs and can also accommodate ad hoc requests for data transfers from DSPs. Please visit How to Activate Your Audience Files and reach out to your LiveIntent account manager with any questions.