With the Oracle Marketing Cloud and LiveIntent, you can reach your subscribers across the LiveIntent Platform’s 140MM+ openers, and 1300+ newsletter publishers and brands. Seamlessly export your list from Oracle Responsys to LiveIntent, and using the secure email hash, LiveIntent will reach your precise customers with targeted display messaging.
This offering is for you if:
- You're an Oracle Marketing Cloud customer using Oracle Responsys
- You’ve invested in collecting and mailing large email subscriber files
- You've developed a successful email marketing program, but want to engage your subscribers in a way similar to web display, with zero waste and higher precision
How LiveAudience compares to Facebook Custom Audiences and Twitter Tailored Audiences
Like Facebook Custom Audiences and Twitter Tailored Audiences, LiveIntent’s LiveAudience allows you to upload CRM data and bid to reach matching audiences with a marketing message. LiveAudience is different from Facebook and Twitter’s similar offerings because the media where the match occurs is not in Facebook or Twitter, but in a 3rd party email, sent by another brand or publisher.
- Find your Oracle Marketing Cloud CSI number (Customer Support Identifier). This will act as your account ID.
- Share your CSI number with your LiveIntent account team.
- Ask your Oracle CSM to have your Oracle Responsys account set up with an external SFTP server. Your Oracle CSM will need to file a support request with the Oracle Support team and include written permission (email is acceptable) from you (the client) to make this server available. Your LiveIntent team has additional details that need to be included in the support request, so please reach out for that information.
Exporting Data to LiveIntent
- Navigate to “Interact Connect” from the home page (Menu → Data → Interact Connect)
- Click on “Create Job” on the top right
- Select “Export Data” from the drop down menu
- Select the data source table you created, from Source → Supplemental Table Data, and move it to the right under “Selected Table”
- Select the option for “Only export records inserted or updated since the time of last job run”
- Click “Next”
*Note: Please make sure that your files do not contain Personally Identifiable Information (PII) - this includes email addresses. The file being exported should only include email hashes (ex. Oracle 'O-Hashes'), and please select both the MD-5 and SHA-2 encryption columns (this will help improve the match rates).
- Select "no prefix"
- Enter your file name. The naming convention should follow the format below. Replace the <action> field with the text “add” or “remove”
Example: <your Oracle account id>-<your segment id>-<your segment name>-<action>
Changes to: 12345-98765-LiveIntentsegment1-add
*Note: Please create a unique alphanumeric segment-id for each segment. It's important to keep track of each segment-id so you can update the correct segments in the future, instead of creating all new segments or updating the incorrect segment.
- Select no suffix
- Input ‘.csv’ as the file extension (right box)
- Set “Character set of file” as “Unicode (UTF - 8)”
- Set “Fields are delimited by” as “Comma”
- Set “Fields are enclosed by” to be “None”
- Please ensure “insert column header as first line” is 'checked'.
- Select “Do not encrypt or compress file” for “Encryption/compression”
- Select “Do not create” for “Additional Ready File at completion of download”
“File Location” section (case sensitive - all lower case)
- Select “external server by SFTP”
- Enter “secureftp.liveintent.com” as Hostname
- Input “upload/queue” as Directory Path
- Input “responsys” as Username
- Select “Key” for Authentication
- Click “Test Connection” to verify that you’re successfully connected to our SFTP. If unsuccessful, please contact your Oracle Responsys account manager.
“Additional File Location” section
- Leave as “Not Selected”
- Click “Next”
- Select your notification preference (multiple email addresses can be separated by commas)
- Click “Next”
- Select your preferred schedule frequency: Run on demand, Run once, or Run a recurring schedule time
- Click “Next”
Activate & Save
- Select your activation option: Activate or Deactivate (It will need to be set to Activate before it can run)
- Enter a name for the job
- Enter a description (optional)
- Click “Save”
At this point, you should be re-directed to the main "Job" page.
- If it's a "run once" or a "run a recurring schedule time" job, monitor the job page to confirm that the job has run successfully.
- If it's an "on-demand" job, you can highlight the job you created and click “Run now.” A pinwheel will indicate the job is running.
- Once the job has completed, email notifications will be sent out (if previously selected) on the status of the job (Failed or Completed).
- Your list will be available in the LiveIntent platform within 24 hours.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com