LiveIntent Website Retargeting for Advertisers captures shopper behavior on an advertiser’s website for the purpose of informing data-driven ads in LiveIntent inventory. The insights collected include products views, shopping carts, and purchases. These intent insights power dynamic ad creative for customers with products they have interacted with, or relevant up-sells and cross-sells. LiveIntent calculates the best product to display to each individual customer, with the goal of efficiently producing a conversion.
LiveIntent is able to accomplish this via our Website Retargeting Tag, in addition to the advertiser’s product feed. The Website Retargeting Tag loads asynchronously and does not influence page load times or other aspects of the user experience of your website.
- What does the Website Retargeting tag do on an advertiser's website?
- The tag is loaded asynchronously on the advertisers website. This way it will not effect the user experience and load times of the page.
- The advertiser Website Retargeting tag data collection details are:
- Page views, visited page URL, referrer URL and meta data, IP address, user agent information, timestamp, viewport information.
- Sets a domain cookie and a network id (aka 3rd party cookie)
- Email addresses that are entered on a webpage, (the email addresses are encrypted as md5, sha1 and sha2 – LiveIntent will never receive a clear text email address)