Creating an Email Hash File Workflow
LiveIntent allows advertisers to engage with their offline customers via online display ads across LiveIntent inventory. This allows savvy digital marketers an opportunity to reactivate past customers who have not visited their site recently, upsell or cross-sell existing customers, open up a new channel for marketing which would not have been possible before, model based on top customers, or suppress audiences such as converters. Using a secure email hash, LiveIntent can match your customer email segments to 140MM+ email openers serving targeted display messaging across all device in real-time.
In an effort to protect your data, the privacy of your customers, as well as stay in compliance with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), we require all email audience files to be hashed. Hashing converts a normal email address and converts it into a 32-character hexadecimal string, and most importantly removes the consumers personally identifiable information (PII).
To watch our LiveIntentional on Email hashing, click here.
Open the file you wish to hash. Place all email addresses to be hashed in the first column of the file.
- Please remove any extra characters
- Please remove any extra whitespace
- Please remove the column header (ex. "Email Address")
- Please make sure that all of the emails are in lowercase
- Please add the following three test email addresses to the file, these will be used to verify the file's accuracy:
- Save the file as a .CSV or .TXT format. If you are using Excel, go to 'Save As' and change the 'File Format'.
- Example of an email hash
- CORRECT: email@example.com = 15050dc6d4caa448f5ef3fc733d7d905
- INCORRECT: EXAMPLE@LIVEINTENT.COM = 5e951af5a6e17fa9623726593aae2d07
*Note: Hashing is case sensitive and will generate the incorrect email address if not made lowercase