This guide will walk you through how to set up your LiveIntent campaigns using Branch.io.
Before you start setting up your partner configuration with LiveIntent:
- Confirm that you have integrated the Branch SDK into your mobile application. If you haven’t already, please follow Branch.io’s integration guide(s):
o Documentation for Android
o Documentation for iOS
- Ask your LiveIntent Account representative for your LiveConnect APP-ID.
Enabling LiveIntent as a partner
- Visit the Ads page on the Branch dashboard.
- Select Partner Management from the sidebar.
- Search for your LiveIntent as a Universal Ads Partner
- Navigate to the account settings page and enter your LiveConnect APP-ID into the Account ID field.
5. Enable the postbacks that you would like to use for conversion tracking or dynamic audiences. You may select from LiveIntent’s pre-configured postbacks, Install, Product Purchase, View Product, View Category, Add To Cart and View Search Result or Custom Conversion.
Sending All Events
We recommend that you configure your postbacks to pass All Events to LiveIntent- whether attributed to LiveIntent or not. By doing so, your account becomes eligible for in-app audiences, which can be used for suppression or targeting across your LiveIntent campaigns.
You can enable this setting by checking the All Events box on a per postback basis.
Setting up a Custom Conversion Event
If your conversion event is not one of LiveIntent’s preconfigured events, you may add a custom conversion event. The custom conversion event is configured to pass the name of the branch webhook event including:
- impression / click / web_to_app_auto_redirect / branch_cta_view / sms_sent / / install / reinstall / web_session_start / pageview / add_to_cart / add_to_wishlist / view_cart / initiate_purchase / add_payment_info / purchase / spend_credits / reserve / click_ad / view_ad / search / view_item / view_items / rate / share / complete_registration / complete_tutorial / achieve_level / unlock_achievement / invite / login / subscribe / start_trial / custom names also supported.
If your conversion event is not supported as a webhook event you may edit the postback URL and override Branch’s name macro with a hardcoded custom value.
Create an ad link
- Once you've enabled an integration it's time to create a tracking link. First, select an ad format. For App Install or App Engagement campaigns you'll want to select the App Only format. For Search or Display campaigns where the user should go to web if they don't have the app, then you should select Cross-Platform Search or Cross-Platform Display. Product Links are for shopping or dynamic remarketing campaigns and will take you to create a Deep Linked Product Feed.
2. Name your link. Select something that will make it easy to find if you need it later.
3. Select LiveIntent as a partner and select your ad format.
4. Click Configure Options to continue.
5. Add deep link data and analytics tags as needed.
6. Click Create Link Now, and you have your tracking link! Take this link and give it to your LiveIntent Account Manager or paste it into the tracking section of your campaign yourself.
Granting LiveIntent ad partner access
Add LiveIntent as an Agency in your Branch account. Doing so gives LiveIntent access to your app; based on the permissions you define.
- Go to Account Settings and click on the Agencies tab.
- On the Agencies tab, click the Add New Agency button.
- In the Add New Agency modal
- Select the LiveIntent from the drop-down.
- Select the appropriate level of access. Full read access is recommended.
- Click "Invite".
Testing your postbacks
Once you’ve enabled and/or configured new postbacks, you can test they’re working properly using the Liveview functionality in your Branch dashboard.
To test postbacks/webhooks in Liveview:
- In the left-hand navigation, under Setup & Testing click on Liveview.
- Click the Webhooks Record tab to load the Webhook/Postbacks object.
- Click the Add Filter button, and select Webhook Partner Key from the drop-down and insert the relevant value for LiveIntent.
- Click the columns button to add both the Webhook Response Code and Webhook Response Body as columns.
- Click Update Session to view the filtered results.
How to Find LiveIntent’s webhook key
In order to filter the webhook records by partner to validate the postback is firing correctly, you need to find LiveIntent’s webhook key.
To find LiveIntent’s webhook key:
- Under Partner Management, select LiveIntent.
- On the Account Settings tab, under LiveIntent’s Ad Account Information, copy and paste the Partner Identifier ($3p Value).
What to look for when validating:
- Check the expected macros are populated AND the response code. Most importantly, you'll want to verify the IDFA/AAID and the Click ID are populated.
- We recommend verifying the event with LiveIntent even when the Response Code is 200 (successful). To do so, send the event name, the webhook request URL, device ID, timestamp, webhook response code and webhook response body to your LiveIntent Account Manager.
If you can’t find the webhook you’re looking for, we recommend testing your ad link several more times to trigger the subsequent webhook/postback. If you are still unable to find the correct wehbook/postback record, please contact email@example.com.