Due to Apple's new feature with iOS 15 called Mail Privacy Protection (MPP), there will be changes to your LiveIntent Campaign and Inventory reporting. To learn more about MPP, please refer to this article.
General Metric Changes
Impressions, and metrics that are based on impressions, will not represent true email opens for MPP-enabled traffic. At this time, LiveIntent will not be changing the way we record an impression as a result of this update. We will evaluate the impact on our reporting over the coming weeks before determining the best action moving forward.
The following metrics will be impacted in both campaign reports and inventory reports:
- Impressions will increase
- CTR will decrease
- CPM will decrease
- Post-view conversions will increase
The following metrics will NOT be impacted:
- Post-click conversions
- ROAS* (available on campaign reports only)
*If your performance metrics include credit for post-view conversions, CPA and ROAS may be impacted.
Any impressions that occur from an email reopen will not initiate a new ad auction. These impressions will become added value for your campaign.
Changes to Device Reporting
Inventory Manager Reports
If you are looking to report on device types, please note we have updated the device types to:
- PC - device is identified as a laptop or desktop, such as a Dell, Lenovo, or MacBook computer.
- Phone - device is identified as a mobile device, such as a smartphone.
- Tablet - device is identified as a tablet device, such as a Microsoft Surface or iPad.
- GoogleProxy - device is using Google Mail.
- AppleMPPProxy - device is using Apple Mail and has opted into Mail Privacy Protection.
- Apple Mail - device is using Apple Mail but has not opted into Mail Privacy Protection.
- YahooMailProxy - device is using Yahoo Mail.
You can refer to this article for guidance on pulling Apple MPP & Non-MPP inventory reports.
Please reach out to your LiveIntent team to learn more about how your campaign and inventory reporting is affected.