If you are experiencing errors when uploading audience files in Audience Manager or elsewhere, we recommend following the below troubleshooting steps.
- Check to make sure the list is formatted correctly. Properly formatted files should have:
- Only 1 column.
- No titles, column labels, or other text. The first row should start with the first ID (email, hashed email, or MAID).
- Only 1 ID per line.
- No uppercase letters.
- No salted hashes.
- No extra spaces or special characters.
- No spaces before or after the ID.
- Remove any and all formatting.
Example of a BAD hash that includes spaces:
E 0aa4dc853af 291878b37984863655e7
Example of a GOOD and proper hash:
Note: if uploading hashed emails, please make sure your hashes follow the required character length:
- MD5 hash is 32 characters.
- SHA-1 hash is 40 characters.
- SHA-256 hash is 64 characters.
- Check that the file is saved as a .txt or a .csv.
- No other file format is supported.
- If you’ve confirmed that the file is properly formatted but you are still experiencing errors, please reach out to your LiveIntent team.