This article covers the process of creating/editing an ad slot for LiveTag 2.0 and Legacy tags. If you've implemented LiveTag 3.0, please refer to this article for creating/editing a Display & Native ad slot.
You can access the Ad Slot creation workflow by clicking on ‘Create Ad Slot’ in the Media Group Overview or in the Newsletter Overview. You can edit the Ad Slot by selecting ‘Edit’ in the Ad Slot detail view.
1. Fill out the Basic Details for your Ad Slot:
Ad Slot Name
This will be the searchable name for your ad slot.
Select your ad slot type.
- 'Fixed Ratio' for display inventory
- 'Native' for native inventory
- Please refer to this article for Native Ad Slot setup
Select whether you’d like to allow Exchange demand in this Ad Slot, or click ‘Inherit Allow Exchange from Newsletter’ to Inherit settings from the Newsletter level.
Designate a standard floor for the ad slot.
Set grayscale text above an ad slot that identifies the content as advertising. There are six options to choose from. If enabled, the Ad Indicator:
- Will always appear ‘centered and above’ the ad slot
- Will always collapse with the LiveTag
For best practices on how to implement the Ad Indicator, please refer to our setup guide.
2. In the Ad Slot Settings section, select the ad sizes that you would like to allow to serve into the ad slot. You can choose from the pre-populated list of standard sizes, or add custom sizes.
- If you select only a single size, the ad slot will default to being a static unit that will not collapse.
- If you'd like your single size ad unit to collapse, you can select the collapsibility checkbox.
Here are the different scenarios for tag collapsibility:
- Ad slot with one size, and checkbox checked = unit will collapse
- Ad slot with one size, and checkbox is NOT checked = unit will remain static
- Ad slot with multiple sizes, and checkbox is checked = unit will collapse
- Ad slot with multiple sizes, and checkbox is NOT checked = unit will collapse
You can also decide if you want to select 'Make Ad Slot Private'.
- This will make the ad slot eligible for guaranteed direct-sold, house, and, direct deal ID demand only.
- Selecting this checkbox will make all exchange demand not utilizing a direct deal ID ineligible for the ad slot.
3. Select whether you’d like to allow RTB demand in this Ad Slot.
Choose which RTB partners you would like to allow (all partners not shown in screenshot).
4. Click ‘Save and Exit’